How to Add/Get iPhone X Type of Gesture on Android DeviceDecember 28, 2018
iPhone X gestures are made of swipe actions that allow you to navigate through your iPhone X. Though they looked complex to learn at first, the iPhone x gesture has successfully replaced the home button on iPhones. The success of the popular iPhone x gestures has even gone beyond the screens of iPhones and started entering popular Android smartphones. This is due to the fact that iPhone X Gestures give room for more screen real estate without having the traditional Android soft keys as obstruction, Android users can now fully utilize this feature.
Though some Android smartphones feature this iPhone gestures by default, this feature is missing on a lot of Android smartphones. Updating to Android 9.0 will actually offer gestures similar to the iPhone x, just like every year, updates are slow. So if you fall into the category of people who own smartphones that don’t have the iPhone X gestures, this article is for you. This article contains a tutorial on how to add and use iPhone x gestures on any Android smartphone without root.
In this article, I will guide you on how to get and activate iPhone X gestures on Android using the Navigation Gestures app developed by XDA developers. To do this, we would need an Android smartphone and a computer.
How To Get iPhone x Gestures on Android
- Download and install the Navigation Gestures app from the Google play store
- Open the Navigation gestures app and enable it, giving it all the permissions it requires.
- On your computer, download and install Android developer tools
- Connect your Android smartphone to your computer using a USB cord
- On your computer, open command prompt
- In the command prompt, type this code and hit enter. adb shell pm grant com.xda.nobar android.permission.WRITE_SECURE_SETTINGS. Running this code on command prompt will hide default Android soft keys on your Android smartphone and prevent it from appearing when you swipe up. You should have already enabled the Navigation Gesture app on your smartphone before carrying out this step.
- Unplug your smartphone and start configuring the gestures you want on the Navigation Gestures app
After installing the Navigation Gestures app on your Android smartphone, the next step will be to set up the app, configuring the gestures you want to use.
How To Use iPhone x Gestures on Android
As earlier mentioned, iPhone X gestures are made up of swipe gestures for navigations. The Navigation Gestures app has settings that allow you to configure the action of the different swipes you make on the pill. In setting up these swipe gestures actions, you should follow these steps
- Click on settings, which is represented by the gear icon on the top right corner of the Navigation gestures app
- Navigate to Settings > Appearance > Behavior options
- Configure swipe actions the way you desire
Note: if you want to mimic the gestures on the iPhone x, you should configure swipes with the way it is listed below.
- Swipe up: home
- Swipe up and hold: recent apps
- Swipe left: back
- Swipe right: previous app
- Swipe down: notifications
If you followed the steps listed above correctly m, you would have iPhone X like gestures running on your Android smartphone.
Hey! Have You Followed Gobuzz Blog on Social Media?
Please, do ensure to follow Gobuzz blog on FACEBOOK, GOOGLE+ and TWITTER.