How To Fix Invalid IMEI Error On Android PhonesJune 28, 2018
Have you been struggling with the problem of invalid EMEI on your android phone? Or you have just been coping with the issue? Just calm down, I know how annoying it could be especially when the phone is a new phone and you got some things to do with the phone which requires a valid EMEI number.
So in this post, I’m going to share with you one of the easiest ways to fix Invalid IMEI error on Android smartphones.
But before that, let’s take a look on what an EMEI is.
What Is IMEI Number?
IMEI means International Mobile Equipment Identity. It is the unique serial number of every GSM mobile cell phone.
The IMEI number is used by network providers to identify valid phones and block stolen or blacklisted phones from accessing their network.
What Causes Invalid IMEI On Android Devices?
One of the main reasons for invalid IMEI error could be a problem from the MTK setup of the Android device.
It could also be as a result of after factory reset or flashing of the Android device without the removal of the mobile Sim network. Because sometimes, android phones usually fail to recognize the IMEI after such operation.
How Do I Fix Invalid IMEI On My Android Device?
Follow steps below to fix invalid IMEI on your Android device
- Firstly, you need to dial *#06# to check your current IMEI number so that you can track and notice the changes, or copy down the EMEI in a safe place should in case the need to reset it any time you decide to.
- Download MTK Engineer Mode app from PlayStore
- Install and launch the app.
- Press “MTK Settings” from the first menu option.
- Slide left to “Connectivity”
- Next press “CDS Information” follow by “Radio Information” in the displayed menu option.
- If your device has two SIM option, choose the preferred slot for IMEI change.
- After “AT+” type EGMR=1,10,””
- Place the new IMEI number you want in between the double quote eg. AT+ EGMR=1,10,”358265013803256″
- Leave a space between the + sign and EGMR
- Send the command and reboot your device.
- Dial the above code again to see the changes.
Once your android IMEI has successfully changed, just proceed to restart your device and see if your IMEI is working.
Dial *#06# again to see if the IMEI have changed to the new one.
That’s it, you have successfully fixed invalid EMEI number on your android phone.
Let me know through the comment box below, your experience with invalid EMEI number, the problems you encountered before fixing invalid EMEI on your phone.