Switch Photographs Over WiFi to Your Pc on Canon EOS Insurgent T6i / 750DApril 23, 2018
After I picked up Canon EOS Insurgent T6i final 12 months, one of many options I put into consideration was WiFi switch. Sadly, I spotted too late that I may solely switch photographs and movies to my smartphone utilizing the Canon Join app, WiFi switch to the pc isn’t enabled.
There’s no choice to switch photographs to your pc utilizing WIFi within the digital camera settings, and going by means of the official discussion board, I couldn’t discover something useful. EOS Utility solely permits you to switch over USB and this isn’t at all times handy; there are occasions whenever you’re not with the cable.
There’s a workaround although. Whereas this isn’t the proper answer, it’s higher than having nothing in any respect. Airnef is a third-party app that permits you to switch photographs over WiFi to your pc out of your Nikon, Canon or Sony digital camera. Not like the official EOS Utility app, it’s not so simple and I bumped into few points earlier than getting it to work with my Canon EOS Insurgent T6i.
On this article, I’m going to share the configuration that labored for me.
First, obtain and set up Airnef from the official web site. There’s are totally different variations for Home windows, macOS, and Linux.
Join Canon EOS Insurgent T6i / EOS 750 together with your pc over WiFi
1. Launch Airnef in your pc and preserve it working. Don’t do something but.
2. In your digital camera, go to Menu and allow Wi-Fi/NFC.
3. Go to Wi-Fi perform and choose Connect with smartphone.
4. Faucet Select set. to pick a WiFi setting or configure a brand new one.
5.Select a brand new setting (one not configured).
6. Choose Infrastructure mode in case your pc is linked to a WiFi community and you’ll join your digital camera to this identical WiFi community.
In case your pc is on a LAN or your digital camera can’t be linked to the identical WiFi community together with your pc, you must use the Digital camera entry level mode which helps you to join instantly with the WiFi community created by the digital camera. That is the tactic defined within the video above. Use whichever is handy for you.
On this tutorial, we’re going for Infrastructure mode.
7. Choose Discover community and hit OK.
8. Faucet the Wi-Fi community your pc is linked and hit OK.
9. Choose the important thing format.
10. Enter your WiFi password and faucet OK to proceed.
11. For the IP tackle, depart the setting at Auto. Select Guide provided that you understand precisely what you’re doing, else it won’t work.
12. Word the IP tackle displayed on the display. That is what you have to make Airnef work.
13. Return to Airnef in your pc and key the IP tackle in the suitable house. Subsequent, click on Choose on Pc. The Choose in Digital camera choice doesn’t work with Canon cameras.
14. The subsequent display lets you choose what to import. Leaving it at default will import every little thing in your digital camera, and I’m fairly positive you don’t need to do this. Filter what information to import utilizing standards like date and file sort.
Whenever you’re carried out with the import configuration, click on Begin Obtain.
15. Now, that is the place it will get tough. The second you see a message like Connection established to 192.168.***.***:15740 displayed on the Airnef window, instantly faucet OK in your digital camera.
The obtain ought to begin instantly and you must be capable to view the pictures in your Photos folder when you’re not utilizing a customized goal folder.
Digital camera is accepting connections however failing to barter a session
If you happen to see this message:
Digital camera is accepting connections however failing to barter a session. You might want to show digital camera’s WiFi off and of or cycle the digital camera’s energy to get better. You possibly can depart airnefcmd working whereas doing this.
It merely means you missed an important half. The second Airnef notifies you that connection has been established to your digital camera, you might be anticipated to faucet OK in your digital camera’s LCD display. If you happen to fail to do that on time, this error will certainly seem. This was the one problem I confronted.