Xiaomi POCO Launcher Updated with Dark Theme for any Android devicesApril 10, 2019
Since the launching of the Xiaomi Pocophone F1 launcher in the Google Play Store, it has received some updates designed to improve its utilization, including the addition of the numeric badge notifications. And now the latest update brings the dark theme to any Android smartphone.
What’s New With The Update?
- Fix the bug of icon pack with white background.
- Dark mode! Yay!
- You can add custom apps to App vault shortcuts now.
- Double tapping the screen to lock device works on all compatible models now.
- Icons got crisper and prettier!
- We fixed the bugs that slowed down the UI. Now it’s more responsive.
- We fixed multiple minor bugs as well.
How To Activate Dark Mode
The new dark theme is buried inside the launcher’s settings.
- Firstly, tap and hold an empty space on your homescreen
- click the settings icon, then “More,” and then you’ll see an option called “Backgrounds.”
- In there, select the dark or light theme and set an app drawer background transparency.
Note that if you have no transparency set up, dark mode will turn all panes’ backgrounds to pure black.
The option goes along with Xiaomi’s MIUI wide dark mode beta, which is not yet available for the Pocophone — but of course, the company is preparing all of its software for the stable rollout of this feature.
Users who use this launcher will be able to use this feature, albeit in a slightly lower way compared to a change that affects the entire system.
There is a whole series of bugfixes and graphic improvements for the icons; in addition, the double-tap to turn off the display function now works smoothly on all compatible models.