ZTE Axon 9 Pro Powered By Snapdragon 845September 4, 2018
ZTE has launched its newest flagship smartphone — the Axon 9 Pro — and, of course, it features a notch along with a bezel at the bottom of the display. It also features vertically aligned dual, rear-facing cameras, like the iPhone X.
Camera and Display
The ZTE Axon 9 Pro sports a 6.21-inch AMOLED display with resolution of 1080 x 2248 pixels and 18.7:9 aspect ratio. Concerning the camera, the dual camera setup boasts of 12-MP and 20-MP camera sensors in back while there’s a 20-MP camera sensor in front.
Storage and Configuration
The Axon 9 Pro is powered by the flagship Snapdragon 845 processor and an Adreno 630 GPU.
The device is paired with 6GB of RAM and 128GB of storage which can be expanded up to 512 GB using microSD card support.
This smartphone is powered by a 4,000mAh battery. The Axon 9 Pro runs Android 8.1 Oreo OS.
This device is more of an update to the Axon 7 from 2016 as opposed to last year’s Axon M, which folded in half. It’s unclear if ZTE plans to return to the Axon M, or if that was just a random one-off experiment. This phone won’t be coming to the States, but it’ll cost €649 when it goes on sale in September in Europe.
The company also announced its plans for 5G devices and how it plans to design the phones to account for antenna placement, additional power consumption, and new hardware. Right now, this doesn’t really mean anything for us other than to expect a 5G device from ZTE in the future, possibly in the second half of 2019, according to the company.
ZTE Axon 9 Pro Features/Specs, Availability and Price
- 2G: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 3G: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 4G: LTE
- Data Speed: HSPA, LTE
SIM Type & Count
- Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Android 8.1 (Oreo); Android One
- Chipset: Qualcomm SDM845 Snapdragon 845
- CPU: Octa-core (4×2.8 GHz Kryo 385 Gold & 4×1.8 GHz Kryo 385 Silver)
- GPU: Adreno 630
- RAM: 6 GB
- Internal Storage: 128 GB
- External Storage: via microSD, up to 512 GB
Design & Build
- Dimensions: 156.5 x 74.5 x 7.9 mm
- Weight: g
- Colours: Black, Blue
- IP68 dust/water proof (up to 1.5m for 30 mins)
- Type: AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size: 6.21 inches, 97.1 cm2 (~83.3% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2248 pixels (~402 ppi density)
- Multitouch: Yes
- HDR10 compliant
- Main Camera
- Dual: 12 MP, f/1.8, 1.4µm, OIS, dual pixel PDAF + 20 MP, 10mm
- Features: Dual-LED dual-tone flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: 2160p@30fps, 1080p@30fps
- Front-facing Camera
- Single: 20 MP
- Features: HDR
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- Music Support: MP3/WAV/FLAC/eAAC+ player
- Video Support: MP4/H.264 player
- FM Radio: No
- Loudspeaker: Yes, with stereo speakers
- 3.5mm jack: No
- 24-bit/192kHz audio
- Dolby Atmos sound
- Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, WiFi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: v5.0, A2DP, LE
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS
- NFC: Yes
- USB: 2.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector
- Sensors: Fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Messaging: SMS (threaded view), MMS, Email, Push Email, IM
- Browser: HTML5
- Photo/video editor: Yes
- Document viewer: Yes
- Wireless Charging: Qi wireless charging
- Charging: Fast battery charging (Quick Charge 4+)
- Battery Type & Capacity: Non-removable Li-Ion 4000 mAh battery
Announcement & Availability Date
- Announced: August, 2018
- Availability: September, 2018
- Estimated at €649
Please note that the information on this page might not be 100% accurate.
Also note that we collect information about the smartphone from the source site and other sources to validate the information we give.
If you feel or find out that the information on this page is not correct, kindly write to us about it.